The First Brawl


Act I Scene I

Lady Montague:
Today a huge fight broke out in the middle of Verona...again. Of course, this was caused by none other than the feud between our family and the Capulets. It was years ago that our families first hated each other, and although time has flown by, the hatred between two families has not yet died out. I don't even know what the original fight was about! Today's uproar was cause by Tybalt and Benvolio. Benvolio, such a good man - I cannot believe how he would even try to initiate this. Of course, as soon as the fight broke out, my Lord pulled out his sword in attempt to kill Capulet. It is incomprehensible how two men of such old ages could still try to uphold their names in such horrible ways. Lord Capulet, obviously, was also on his way to pulling out a weapon. Luckily, Lady Capulet shares my view on the matter. She too held back her husband. Not to mention that if they ever did fight at their age, it's more likely that they fall and hurt themselves from the fall, rather than from the actual fight. The servants definitely held Montague back and I looked him in the eye and told him that he would not move one inch. Prince Escalus then rode into the middle of the uproar fiercely and threatened to kill the next person to fight about such nonsense. It is obvious that he is tired of all the disturbances that we've caused. I am too. He took the Capulets in with him, and told us that we'd be seeing him later that day. As soon as everything settled down, none other than Romeo came to mind. I was very happy that he was not present to see the fight that had just died out. He's been so depressed recently. Benvolio certainly seemed to know what was going on more than I did. Apparently, he's been wandering off into the woods to be alone. This girl, Rosaline, has really gotten to him. I hope Mercutio and Benvolio can help him out of this soon. It's beginning to worry me.

Lord Montague:
Today, once again, those dirty Capulets started a fight. I wish I could kill that dirtbag. My Lady, however, would not let me move! The Prince then walked in and threatened to kill the people who'd take place in the next disturbance. If only I hadn't been held back, I might have been able to end this once and for all! Now we have to go see Prince Escalus this afternoon. I don't really care how old I am, I can still fight, and I know it. Anyway, after all that ended, Benvolio, Lady Montague, and I began to talk about Romeo. I'm not too sure that I understand where he is headed for with this girl. He is very depressed. He has shut himself out from the world. Benvolio seemed to know what was going on better than I did. He's the type of guy that you can't ever hate- very trustworthy. I'm almost certain that he'll be able to help Romeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment