Romeo Banished!


Act 3, Scene 1

Lady Montague:
My Romeo has been banished from Verona! I cannot believe that this has happened. A smaller brawl broke out in the city in which Tybalt killed Mecutio, one of Romeo's best friends, and so Romeo in revenge killed Tybalt. I'm appalled that he has been banished from Verona. How could Prince Escalus do this! Lord Montague tells me that we are very fortunate that he has not been killed, but what does it matter if we can never see him again! I don't know where he is, nor do I know if he is safe. Oh, my Romeo! Recently he's been so depressed, and we haven't seen him very often, nor have we spoken to him a lot. I don't even know if Benvolio and Mercutio have been able to help him put his feelings aside and feel happier. It's all my fault! I should have supported him more when he was so depressed. Oh, and Mercutio is dead! I know that this made the Prince furious and our family feels horrible. I will definitely be visiting Prince Escalus to try and convince him to allow Romeo back into the city...but I must not rush myself. Doing it too quickly might make Escalus even more angry. The worst part of this whole conflict is that my Romeo has been banished from the city, and also that, because Romeo killed Tyblat, this pointless feud going on between my family and the Capulets is only getting worse. Lady Capulets pale white skin turned bright red when she heard that Romeo had murdered Tybalt. She was angry that Escalus only banned Romeo from Verona; but every time I think of him being gone a tear drops from my eye. I have to figure out some way to see him. I don't doubt that he has a connection with someone in Verona...someone has to know where he is and what his plans are. Lord Montague thinks that he will easily be able to survive on his own, and he doesn't doubt that he'll come back. I agree with him, and I also believe that Romeo will sneak back into Verona sometime soon, as this is his home. He's grown up here his whole life and been out of Verona only on rare occasions. I have to stay strong and find out where he is now so that I can go and visit him. Lord Montague is also very angry that Romeo was banished. He wants to go right now and yell at the Prince. I've convinced him to wait, and for now all we can do is find out where he is staying so that we can visit him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment